Lately, my moods have been pretty regulated. I am just on Prozac right now, as I am still waiting on someone, anyone, to get the Zyprexa prior authorized. However, just the Prozac seems to be working okay by itself. For which I am more than grateful…as I am sure all those around me are too.
All that quiet in my brain reminds me how much I love the silence and also gives me a moment to remember my worth–something I never do when my brain is having a breakdown. I forget, in the throes of the chaos, what a good person I really am. I forget that I am caring and funny and generous and loyal and forgiving and fun and loving and just plain cool as fuck. I forget that I am so much better than I give myself credit for.
I also forget to count my blessings…….and I have a lot of them to count. So essentially that is what this post is going to be about… And for once I am not going to do the double edged thing I do and downplay them after I have stated them. I am just going to state them and enjoy that and move on to the next one.
- I have raised three amazing kids. Alone.
- I have prevailed over every obstacle in my life thus far.
- I am healthy.
- I am strong.
- I am loyal.
- I always bounce back.
- I have survived addiction(s)….and beat them.
- I am very good at forgiveness.
- I have people who love me.
- I have very good friends.
- I have skills–lots of them.
- I have morals, and values and standards.
- I have learned not to settle.
- I am worth the effort–in all aspects of my life.
- I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, and a bed to sleep in.
- Even though I learn the hard way–I always learn my lesson.
- I am creative.
- I am funny.
- I am a good person, friend and mother.
- I am stronger than my past.
- I am also stronger than my illness.
- I am smart.
- I love with all my heart and soul.
I am blessed. And that makes me very happy.